
Okay, so this is my first attempt at creating a panoramic layout. The way to do it in Elements is different than the way to do it in Photoshop CS, and actually turned out to be quite simple. In Elements Editor, click on File, New, then Panorama Photomerge in the pop-up menu. Select Browse and the ctrl click on all the photos you want to stitch together. You can then either let Elements stitch them together automatically, which so didn't work out right for mine, or you can do it "interactively."
The question I have now is this: what can I do to improve this layout? Would you guys add an effect, or make the text darker, or what? I'm open for suggestions.
Jamie

That is awesome! A couple things I would suggest - probably cropping the top and bottom so that it isn't jaggedy. Next make sure that all the layers are flattened and then duplicate the main layer, select soft light from the blending mode drop down menu in the layers palette. This should pop up the colors a bit. The text is a little hard to read but you have to decide what you want to stand out - the photo or the words. Awesome work!
ReplyDeleteThanks for the direction. I do like how the colors pop more with the soft light. I got cropping, like you said, and then kept going. I think in order for the layout to have more impact, I need to cut it in half, only showing the surface of the lake and the right side in the right third of the frame. And it is said that you should never do a horizon type picture where the horizon is in the exact middle of the picture. It needs to be in either the top third or the bottom third. I want it in the bottom third, but that means that I need to come up with a bit more sky. I know it's possible to copy color from one part of the photo to another, but I don't remember what that technique's called or how to do it. Do you?
ReplyDelete