Wednesday, February 22, 2012

It's beginning to look a lot like . . . .

I have been working on some Christmas layouts the last 2 months.  I get a real sense of accomplishment because I can do one or two layouts to represent an entire year so I feel like I am getting somewhere with the Christmas Album!  I know its silly but scrapbooking can be a mental game.  I have a good friend that feels so overwhelmed by the amount of scrapbooking she has to do that she won't even start.  So I thought of some of the ways I get myself over mental block in scrapbooking.  First, I choose to scrapbook only the photos I completely love.  That doesn't mean toss the others - it means you can just print them and put them in a pocket album.  I just don't spend a lot of time and energy scrapbooking less than exciting photos.  Second, I choose to scrapbook what is inspiring right now.  That means I scrapbook out of order.  I pick photos that speak to me at that moment rather than forcing myself to scrapbook pictures that I don't feel like working with just because they are the next in line.  Third, I scrapbook holidays around holiday time.  That means that when I am feeling the love on Valentines Day I scrapbook photos from past Valentines. Or when I am in the Christmas spirit I scrapbook photos from past Christmases.  The best thing to remember is that this is a HOBBY!  It should be fun - not a chore.  Put on some music, grab a bowl of your favorite scrapbooking snack (M&Ms!) and enjoy this fun and worthwhile hobby!




2 comments:

  1. I love your reminder that this is a hobby. These are all wonderful creations, Sara. You do such a professional job. I like the idea about printing all the pictures and just putting them into a pocket book, and then using only the very best for the scrapbook stories. It would really help me to make more artistic pages if I wasn't trying to display every picture.

    Tell me again, do you have them composed into a bound book you buy from on line or do you just purchase the layouts and put them in your own scrapbook?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I purchase each layout separately so I can put it in which ever book I want. I like Persnickety prints for printing individual pages - they are usually cheaper than Costco and do a much nicer job. (Think full bleed, not cutting off the edges) They are located off center street in Orem right by Chuck E Cheese - look for Kenny's photo sign.

      Delete